LumaFusion for Android beta now available
As promised earlier this year, LumaFusion, by far the most feature-filled NLE option for iPad and iPhone video editors, is now available for Android and ChromeOS users. Starting today, LumaFusion is available from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store as an early access beta for just $19.99, a 30% discount off the full $29.99 price. Once the final version ships later this year, an update will be available to early access users at no additional charge.
I’ve been a big proponent of LumaTouch’s work for a long time, and the praise has been well-deserved. Not only did LumaFusion start off strong out of the gate, but it’s continued to grow and expand and a steady clip. Terri Morgan and her team at LumaTouch have done what basically no one else has been able to do — create a competent NLE that’s capable of producing high-quality videos on a touch-first platform like the iPad and iPhone. Now the lessons the team has learned over the past few years as an iOS-only app will expand to an even larger user base.
On a whole, iOS and iPadOS are leaps and bounds ahead of the various Android storefronts when it comes to high quality apps, but attracting a desktop-class app like LumaFusion is a definite win for Android users. If users support this app, like they should, it might convince other popular developers to make high quality Android software as well.
Here’s a video preview of LumaFusion running on a ChromeBook to give you an idea of what to expect:
In addition, here are some of the features that Android and ChromeOS users can expect from this initial early access version of LumaFusion:
- Layer up to 6 video and 6 audio tracks (number of layers determined by your device type)
- Powerful magnetic timeline with insert/overwrite and link/unlink clips
- Display track headers for locking, hiding, and muting tracks
- Use preset effects or create your own
- Add markers with notes
- Cut, copy, paste in your timeline and between projects using multiselect
- Layer effects; green screen, luma and chroma keys, blurs, distort, styles and color
- Use powerful color correction tools
- Select from included color LUTs like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
- Animate with unlimited keyframes
- Save and share effect presets
- Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
- Create smooth slow motion using 120 and 240fps files
- Edit with time-lapse video
- Keyframe audio levels, panning and EQ for perfect mixes
- Fill-from-left / right for dual-mono audio captures
- Duck music during dialog with Auto-ducking
- Create multilayer titles with shapes and images
- Adjust font, color, face, border and shadow
- Save and share title presets
- Create projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film)
- Work in frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
- Duplicate, add notes, and use color-tag projects
- Use media directly from your device
- Link to media on USB-C drives – only download what you use on the timeline.
- Import media: cloud storage (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive)
- Storyblocks Library (In App Purchase) includes thousands of royalty-free music, sound fx, videos, and backgrounds
- View detailed metadata for your media
- Rename, add notes, and color-tag
- Sort and search to quickly find what you need
- Easily share movies with control over resolution, quality, and framerate
- Create a snapshot of any frame
- Archive projects for backup or edit on another device
- Subscribe to Storyblocks for LumaFusion to access the full library of music and clips
To learn more, and to get links to direct downloads of the Android, ChromeOS, and Samsung versions of LumaFusion, visit Luma-Touch.com.